Hi All,

Just thought Id post some pictures of the preseparator with Thien-baffle I recently finished. Ive got mine on a 30(ish?) gallon cardboard drum. I picked up the fittings from a Peachtree sale a while back cant find the product on their site now, altho I think the Rockler screw-together-style version might be easier to install than this one, which uses through nuts/bolts.

052.jpg054.jpg 053.jpg

I routed a groove in the top-lid to fit the diameter of the barrel's lip, and laid down a bead of caulk to make a nice seal. The lower-lid is the same as the inner diameter of the barrel, with the prerequisite slot cut out per Phil's directions.

The setup works great - Id estimate that better than 95% of the sawdust goes into the barrel instead of the DC bag. I do wish I had a window to see how full the barrel is getting, but the thien baffle is pretty forgiving and you can let the barrel get quite full before it starts losing efficiency.

I also have a thien seperator built into the body of the DC itself (in the green ring), although I think that may be redundant at this point. Any experts out there think it would be worth taking the separator out of the DC unit? I know these cut down on airflow/efficiency, and Im starting with a Harbor Freight unit which is a a bit light on power to begin with...