Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SMC Dog and Pony Show

SMC Dog and Pony Show

Here's Sweet Pea and Boo Boo, relaxing on their sofa. Their hobbies are smelling stuff, barking, and occasionally digging holes. Both beagles, relaxing in their favorite spot.

Anybody else want to post some pictures of their "man's best friend"?

DSC_0946.jpg

Blog Entries
    Rudy is my hunting buddy. His hobby is locating pheasants and making young hunters happyrudy-2012.jpg. As you can see he is good at his hobby.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

My 120lb pony likes to help clean up gravy spills from the counter. She also likes to clean up anything that happens to hit the floor.

IMG_2290.jpg

This is Farley, a 55 pound white Standard French Poodle that is the 5th white standard my wife and I have had since 1966. He can swim, hunt, point, and retrieve quite well, with training. Full poodle teams have also finished high several times in the Iditarod Alaskan sled dog race. He loves being outside, and is naturally friendly around the house and with all age groups. Teaching and training is a snap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great puppies guys!

It's always fun to see woodworkers and their dogs. This seems to go hand in hand with tools around here.
    We lost our old girl, would have been 12 next Sunday, to cancer in September. So we are down to 3. 8 year old Tainy aka Taineron's Tango At Coolmeadow Tainey ISCA 5-11B.jpg (Coolmeadow is our kennel name), 14 month old Jett Jett 3.16.12.jpg (the first of about 200 rescue dogs that have crossed our threshold that didn't leave), and soon to be 1 year old Ryder, aka Jadestar Stetson. Maverick 3.16.12.jpg (this is a pic from when we got him last spring). Ryder is the new show pup. This is a picture with both pups, mostly grown up. dscn3225 Jett and Ryder.jpg Yes, Ryder really is asleep in that position. One of the few minutes in any given day that they aren't playing!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Blog Entries
    Here's our Mandy, She joined our family when she was a year old, she's 10 now. She's a very good dog. She's originally from Pennsylvania. She likes to come out to she shop when my wife and I have coffee out there but otherwise she doesn't like the noise of the shop.

Mandy 12-18-12.jpg

I'm waiting for Jim Becker to get involved in this thread...then you folks get to meet Elvis, Nellie....and the birds.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

This is my buddy. He is a European German Shepherd and a retired police K9 for the agency I work for. I was his handler. He is 7 1/2 years old, and was an excellent narcotic/aggression/tracking dog. Kept me out of alot of fights. He is my dog now, and we let him breed our female Shepherd this summer. All I was wanting was a male pup, but was gifted with 7 females!! Gonna give it one more try, as I somehow think he won't mind. Oh, by the way, his name is "Henry". I did not name him, he came from Germany with that name, karma I guess.

.MSWP1 002.jpg
    Last edited by Randy Henry; 12-18-2012 at 7:03 PM.

My dog "Georgie"

Poodle/Bijon cross, about 4 years old in this picture. Good people dog - loves everybody...

Georgie-1.jpg

Georgie-2.jpg
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

ruff,

ruff, ruff,

ruff

Here's Skipper.

Skipper01.jpg

And here's Skipper checking out the enemy, Bernie, who ignores him.

Skipper02.jpg

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Upper left, the latest addition, Sophia, a candidate for a Marley duplicate trouble maker!

lower left, Bella, miniature poodle, little dog, big heart, thinks she's one of the big guys!

lower right, Jake, the old guy. While we were building the cabin he was great company on those long 300 mile midnight treks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post

And here's Skipper checking out the enemy, Bernie, who ignores him.

Skipper02.jpg

Mike
    Of course, cats can be mans best friend also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Here's Skipper.

Skipper01.jpg
    That's a neat looking dog... what kind?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5