Thread: Great idea for a prank

Great idea for a prank

So I'm driving around, and I'm noticing that an awful lot of folks have old furniture sitting on the side of the road. 'Tis the season for buying new stuff, I guess. I got to wondering, what would happen if I picked up something, say a recliner, and then drove around until I found someone else giving away a recliner. Then I'd swap the two and watch the homeowner come home and try to figure out what happened. "Was that always blue? I thought it was red. Hmmm. Hey, this isn't as bad as I remember...maybe I'll keep it".

Or replace a recliner with a sofa.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

That would be a head scratcher for sure .
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Blog Entries
    Let us know how it turns out.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

A few years ago I took some furniture from somebodys front lawn that had a FREE sign on it. When I got it home it looked pretty ratty so later that night I brought it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bourque View Post
    A few years ago I took some furniture from somebodys front lawn that had a FREE sign on it. When I got it home it looked pretty ratty so later that night I brought it back.
    what would you said if the local police drove by and fined you for dumping the furniture on the lawn ?

My brother owns a rental house .Several years ago, while it was vacant ,someone dumped a ratty old recliner in the front yard . The perp lived right down the street,found that out by good detective work....and the guys wallet, with 70$ behind the cushion.

Blog Entries
    A couple of funny stories come to mind with this.

First, my family used to have a furniture store across the street from a popular bar. Often people would have used furniture they would want hauled away. If furniture was damaged by cat scratches or torn fabric most of the second hand stores wouldn't want it. My dad used to leave them on the curb between the parking lot and the store. People would often park in the store lot to go to the bar across the street. The furniture would always disappear. Most likely drunk guys coming home after a night out thought the wife would like such a thing and offer them forgiveness. There likely were also others who just wanted a chair or sofa and didn't care about cat scratches or some other flaw.

Often on furniture deliveries there was an item to pick up. If it wasn't tagged for a donation whoever was doing the delivery had dibs. Often our home furnishings were upgraded by my deliveries. One time the wife was out shopping when the chance came for a better easy chair. So the switch was made and the old chair was delivered to a Good Will store for them to sell. Must of just missed my wife. She told me she knew we had a new chair in the house because she and a friend went to the Good Will to shop. When the people there were bringing in the chair she told her friend, "look at that, we have a chair just like that at home." Then she noticed a spot on it and said, "wait that is the chair from our house." Fortunately for me, she liked the replacement chair.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    what would you said if the local police drove by and fined you for dumping the furniture on the lawn ?
    "I'm Santa Clause, officer. NOW SCRAM!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    Can you give me a hand? This is heavy.