Thread: Spraygun World

Spraygun World

Has anyone done business with this company? They debited my card almost one month ago. I haved recieved no product nor response to email/fax.

I would recommend that you stop the payment and buy elsewhere...almost anywhere else would be better. That guy on the corner selling stuff out of the back of a U-Haul would probably be better. They are NOTORIOUS for abysmal customer service, and are notorious for charging your card immediately and then never shipping anything....or shipping things weeks late. Whenever they get around to it and only if they feel like it. Unless something's changed, their phone number will be completely useless.

I just noticed...if you simply type "spraygunworld" into google, the first 5 links are all about COMPLAINTS. What a bunch of jokers. I also now notice that they don't even list a phone number anymore. DANGER DANGER!! I almost always place my first order with any company by phone, just to see what dealing with them is like. No phone number, or at least one that is incredibly well hidden, is a serious warning sign.
    Last edited by John Coloccia; 12-11-2012 at 9:05 PM.

I got an asturo gun through them several years ago. They had no clue who I was and were totally worthless in the interim between when they took my card number and when I got my gun. I actually had to find asturo itself and call them. SGW would NOT tell me that they were just taking orders to be drop shipped, but a call to Asturo itself helped me find out where the spraygun was.

SGW also said that they would put an asturo cleaning kit in with the gun, as well as a diaphragm regulator. Instead I got no cleaning kit and a cheap bleeder valve from devilbiss (one of those things that's about $9).

I bought from them back in the late 90's. No problems ~14 years ago.... other than...

I (too) bought an Asturo gun/pot, seems the same as David, on their recommendation for shooting latex. Didn't work worth a hoot. Paint had to be so thin, it took forever and multiple coats to spray.

Oh, I forgot, I ordered a K1/S HTE, and it took forever to actually get the gun. When I got it, it was instead a K1/S HVLP. They told me that they couldn't sell the HTE because it wasn't legal in California. However, the gun was shipped from PA as far as I know, and I'm in PA. What do I care what's legal in california?

A month after my order, their supposed expert was supposed to call me and explain the differences between the two guns, and he went back and forth between "it's the same gun" and "they perform the same". I've never been that satisfied with the gun. I have no clue if it's the same as the K1 HTE that was on the invoice. I doubt the "expert" at SGW knows the answer to that, either.

So, yeah, trying to save $50 really screwed me over in that instance.

I have stopped payment and will followup to let folks know about the outcome.
    Thanks everyone.

I got my money back by going to the credit union and filling out a statement. It was posted to my account that day. As of yet no howels of protest from the culprits.

Homestead finishing. I'm at a point in life where I've learned that great service is worth paying a bit more. I've spoken to Jeff a few times for help and he's great.
    Last edited by Joe Jensen; 01-01-2013 at 12:42 AM.