Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southwestern Style Olla

What can I say,BEAUTIFUL just BEAUTIFUL.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Robert - the pith is centered and all I did was turn it fairly thin and hit it with thin CA before I soaked the form in DNA. Once dry, never had another issue with it.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Chris - great seeing you back here! You have been missed! Hope you are doing well!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Robert - the pith is centered and all I did was turn it fairly thin and hit it with thin CA before I soaked the form in DNA. Once dry, never had another issue with it.

Nice piece Steve. Glad to see thing getting a little BIGGER since you got your Beauty.
    I've turned over 150 pieces now centered on the pith with minimal problems, yet everyone still seems to think you must not turn a piece with the pith in it, go figure.

Good looking piece Steve! Very nice wood and form. Don't envy you on all the sanding though!

A very well executed classic SW form! Nicely done Steve!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 12-09-2012 at 2:05 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Nicely done Steve. I do like that SW style.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

AAHhhhhhh, nice to see the lovely "warm glow" finish. (in my opinion it lets the wood speak) If Maria (yes the Maria) were still making her glorious pots, I think she'd look at your s & give it her approval.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Steve that is nice work. I like the SW pottery design, I bet that would look nice with some design burned on it.
    Fred

Steve,

That is a very nice jar. I like the form and the wood has plenty of interest. Well done.

Alan

very nice Steve, i might want to try that form, i do like the southwest stuff, planning making a trip this spring, 1st time to uath