Thread: Epilog Question ???

Epilog Question ???

Never really thought about this before but, is there a difference, as far as power, in a 40W Epilog Laser whether it is a Zing, Mini, Helix, etc...
    Brian Fithian
    Powerline Tags llc
    Epilog Mini 24 40W
    Corel Draw X5

Theoretically no, but the actual power varies between various machines of the same model. My 45 watt is on the 3rd tube, all 45 watts, but the cutting power/speed for the same 1/4" acrylic has varied depending on the actual output. The last one required a speed of 6, the latest speed of 8. The tube should meet or exceed the rating, so a 40 watt could be 40, 42, or 48.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

How old is your machine, Joe? Were any of the tubes defective or particularly short-lived?

-Glen

Brian the power in theory is the same a 45 watt laser is a 45 watt laser give or take X%. But for this answer they are the same the difference is how the machine works and parts the zing is slower so 100% speed on one machine will be different then 100% speed on the other. This is a comparison chart on Epilog's site www.epiloglaser.com/product_line.htm.

If I am not aloud to put the link please remove I have no affiliation with Epilog
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Monaghan View Post
    How old is your machine, Joe? Were any of the tubes defective or particularly short-lived?

-Glen
    Mine is a 2005. The first tube died after 8 months and was replaced on warranty. The next lasted almost two years and the replacement cost me $2,100. During those times it ran 8+ hours a day pretty much 5-6 days a week but none ever made the advertised 11,000 hours. This one has been going now for almost 5 years but use started to taper off in 2008 or so, now it gets an average of maybe 8 hours a week.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green