Thread: Do china lasers do 3D?

Do china lasers do 3D?

Hello,

I have a project that I currently use an Epilog Helix 75w on. For this project, I use the 3D function of the epilog driver- it interprets beam intensity by levels of gray put out by Corel to laser a 'dimensional' image.

I am looking at manufacturing this product myself at my shop, where I don't have a CNC. I cannot afford a domestic laser, and have a lead on a good used Redsail M500 50w at a price we can afford.

My question is, with the Redsail, or the Lightobject upgrade controller, would I be able to utilize a function similar to what I do with the Epilog 3D raster function?

Thank you,
    Michael

Hi there
    with the AWC 608 from light object you can do some 3D engraving it all depends on the picture .
    I use picture with lots of grey but convert them to bitmap and engrave it. there is not special function for it
    greetings
    waltfl

This is for rifle stock style checkering, so the detail is pretty small. Currently I go directly out of Corel with no bitmap intermediate so that I don't lose any detail. How far does the Chinese controller down sample a grayscale bitmap?

Thank you,
    Michael

The software I use , Rdcam/Laserworks is supposed to do both greyscale generated 3d and stamp modes , never tried it tho...hard to figure out the chinglese....
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Yes, LaserWorks does greyscale 3d. They call it "Output Direct".
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Hi how do you accsess the greyscale 3d in the LaserWorks software that they call "Output Direct".t
    I find the instructions for laserworks not very helpfull.