Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engraving Greyscale image on Leather on Shenhui

Hi Khalid,

I try to follow your instruction's , but I receive different results. Basically what happened was related with the size of the image imported in RDCAM. I set the iamge at 150mm by whatever the maintain aspect ratio put. When I imported in RDCAM the image has 1041.753mm by another value. What I am doing wrong?

Thank you
    Gabi
    SH-G570 80 W RECI
    Homemade CNC Router
    Emco CNC Lathe
    ArtCam 2009
    Rhinoceros V4.0
    All Vetric products
    SolidWorks 2012
    CorelDraw X5
    Many ideas and very limited time

Hi Gabi,

Just make sure that the size of your image in Photopaint is not in centimeters or in any other measurement type other than mm. Check that out first.

Regards
    Khalid
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

Hi Khalid,

I try everything I think of but same results. The image imported in RDCAM is bigger than image exported from Photopaint. I don.t know what else to do. I try gold method same... Can you post a photo with the image already converted with your method (an before and after will be awesome)

Thank you
    Gabi
    SH-G570 80 W RECI
    Homemade CNC Router
    Emco CNC Lathe
    ArtCam 2009
    Rhinoceros V4.0
    All Vetric products
    SolidWorks 2012
    CorelDraw X5

Hi Khalid,

I check and everything is in the same units. Still, same results. I try Rodne's gold method same. I think it is related with the way how RDCAM import the .bmp files. Can you post a picture of that photo vefore and after the process?

Thank you
    Gabi
    SH-G570 80 W RECI
    Homemade CNC Router
    Emco CNC Lathe
    ArtCam 2009
    Rhinoceros V4.0
    All Vetric products
    SolidWorks 2012
    CorelDraw X5

Check that the resolution of the image (DPI) in RDCAM is the same as it was in the processed image coming out of Corel. It sounds like the resolution in RDCAM is coarser (lower DPI) than the image that was exported from Corel.
    Guy Hilliard

Sawdust and Noise

Trotec Speedy 400 w 80W, rotary attachment, vacuum table, cutting table, lamella bars

AXYZ 4008 w 7 position ATC, Servos, Vacuum, pins, laser digitizer

CorelDRAW X6,
    Rhino 5,
    Aspire

Here you go. Before and after image attached here.Greyscale Image.jpgGreyscale Image-1bit.jpg
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hilliard View Post
    Check that the resolution of the image (DPI) in RDCAM is the same as it was in the processed image coming out of Corel. It sounds like the resolution in RDCAM is coarser (lower DPI) than the image that was exported from Corel.
    This is exactly what's happening. RDCAM probably runs at a native 72 or 90 dpi. A lot of programs automatically scale an image if its 300dpi to work with screen resolution but RDCAM obviously doesn't. Just take the image and scale it down to the side you want. It's the exact same thing.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Do I need to scale the processed image in RDCAM? The reason for asking this is related with somr previous posts about not touching the image after was in the "laser engraving" state
    SH-G570 80 W RECI
    Homemade CNC Router
    Emco CNC Lathe
    ArtCam 2009
    Rhinoceros V4.0
    All Vetric products
    SolidWorks 2012
    CorelDraw X5

Quote Originally Posted by Balsanu Gabi View Post
    Do I need to scale the processed image in RDCAM? The reason for asking this is related with somr previous posts about not touching the image after was in the "laser engraving" state
    Corel/Illustrator automatically look at the image's DPI and scale it. RDCAM doesn't. The monitor doesn't know DPI. It knows resolution. Scale it exactly the same size as when you did your conversion and you'll be fine.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Thank you for explanstion. I will try that.

Gabi
    SH-G570 80 W RECI
    Homemade CNC Router
    Emco CNC Lathe
    ArtCam 2009
    Rhinoceros V4.0
    All Vetric products
    SolidWorks 2012
    CorelDraw X5