Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Tool For Cutting EMT or....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    .... the one I don't own is a smoke wrench.
    LOL...This will teach me to subscribe to my own threads. Thanks for the tip Keith, and the continued education...."smoke wrench :an oxy-acetylene torch, most often used for welding, brazing or cutting metal."

I worked for a company owned by FMC that made ice cream machines out of stainless. Most of it was 304. The guys used a metal cutting bandsaw with the teeth mostly worn off and burned through the metal with the blade. They had a lot of breaks but the saw had a built in welder and they would patch the blade when needed.
    David B

I got my bandsaw six years ago already. It's a metal cutting band saw and been really helpful to me. I even used to cut exotic alloys for many times. It's really working good.

Gus,
    Have you ever tried to cut titanium?
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Gus,
    Have you ever tried to cut titanium?
    Yes. I tried cutting titanium. I used haltbar 1002 triple chip blade.

Gus, I just viewed a haltbar 1002 triple chip blade video on Youtube cut 3-1/2 inch round bar of 316 stainless steel in sections. It was awesome. I have worked with 316 in the past and know how difficult it can be but titanium is worse. The blade maker says it will cut titanium. You have made a believer out of me. Thanks for letting me know about the blade.
    Last edited by David G Baker; 01-18-2013 at 5:35 PM.
    David B

Oh yeah, I remember , I watched the video a week ago. I 've been hearing some machinists before that they're having
    some difficulty with the TI too.