Thread: Epilog Rotary Attachment

Epilog Rotary Attachment

Hello,

We have an Epilog Helix with Epilog's rotary attachment.

Does anyone know if it is possible via the control panel to manually rotate the rotary attachment - it would be useful to check item/image alignment, etc. I've checked the manual but can't see anything - just wondered if anyone knew?

Thanks!
    Graham

Graham as far as I can recall, the wheels are pretty much fixed in the gearing belt, the only thing you can do is to manually rotate the object by hand but I don't think there is a freewheeling option for the rotary itself.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I don't know of a manual way via the control panel, but what I've been doing is drawing a vector rectangle flush around my engraving pattern, then to a vector only burn with the lid open and red pointer on, so I can see where things will end up, then switch to raster only for the production burn. Make sure you turn the vector power down to zero for this test, just in case you accidentally do it with the lid closed! DAMHIKT!

Someone else here mentioned a great idea - using a "center-center" starting point (from the Epilog print driver) as an easy way to line up an engraving. Then you'd disable XY on the Epilog control panel, move your red pointer to the center of your piece and "set home" on your control panel.
    Steve \o/
    Dynamite With A Laser Beam LLC
    Epilog Helix 75W/Epilog Fusion Edge 80W and Jet 1642-EVS2