Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone tried the New Easy chuck?

I was interested in the chuck from Easy Wood Tools also, but suffered sticker shock when I learned the price. For that amount of $ I can get 3 Talon bodies or 2 Stronghold bodies. I am in the easier to change chucks than change jaws group. To John K, the guy dying with the most chucks, his wife has the biggest yard sale.

I had the same sticker shock also. I can add 3 more Grizzly to my 5 now and have all the jaws I need plus never have to change them and have money left over.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I got the price from the owner of the local Woodcraft franchise. I've also seen the same price reported elsewhere.

J

Just checked Woodcraft website. $499.99.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Dale, just remember, the guy dying with the most chucks wins!!! If the Lord is patient with you, there is still time!
    LOL

John, I think that is supposed to be with the most toys (might be the same?). Anyway, if you get a chance to cross the river, stop in and get a tour of the barn. If the competition is for most toys not on a count basis, but on tonnage, I have a shot.

I'm with John, but definitely have to start buying more chucks. Anyway, I can't remember the last time I changed the jaws on one of my chucks. As far as rounded corners goes, I just put a 1" section of old inner tube around the jaws when they extend beyond the body...that keeps me from busting my knuckles. Oh yeah, one last point. All my Vicmarc jaws would not fit the new chuck, so to make use of the features, I would have to buy several of their jaws. Like everyone else, I'll just get another chuck like the four I already have.
    Way south of most everybody...

I am all for easy wood tools I love my 3 full size I just ordered 3 hollowers and 3 mid size tools . All there stuff is made in america which is reason for the price increase and the tools are alot of money but worth the cash to me .. But 500 .00 for a chuck , sorry but I got my nova chuck with 3 extra sets of jaws for 199.99 . Thats 4 jaws and a chuck for 200 . I think easy wood tools will have a price drop after they realize nobody is going to pay that imo .

Thanks to all the posters on this thread. I was watching some youtubes on Easy Tools yesterday and saw a demo on the Easy Chuck. Don't know about any composite materials, but their other jaws all appear to be metal. The current price on the Easy Chuck is $399 on Amazon with free shipping. I think it's the same price at other online stores, too. $399 is sticker shock to me also. I currently have 2 chucks--a Oneway scroll chuck and a Talon chuck. I keep spigot jaws on one and regular jaws on the other. I am thinking of getting a 3rd chuck and keep a 3rd set of jaws on it. Voila! Jaw changing issue solved. I do plan on getting a good quality 1 x 8" for my only lathe, a Jet VS mini. Now if money was not important, I'd go for the Easy Chuck with some different jaw sets. Looks like the price as dropped $100 since this thread started.
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

Nova has just put out there easy chuck and you can get jaws and inner jaws to make your old Nova work the same as the easy chuck, but they are VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!! Woodcraft Cleveland has both chucks Easy and Nova both with all the jaws,EXPENSIVE!!!!!11
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.