Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese supplier question - looking for somewhat higher end

John,

Want it soon, good service, good price and a local distributor? Call Ray Scott or Carole Scott at Rabbitt Laser USA. Made in China to his specifications. Extras included. In stock in Ohio. Ray generally sets it up himself. My leasing company investigated him over a year ago (when I bought) and they said it is a very stable and strong company. Good to know before you lay out $$$. www.rabbitlaserusa.com and no I do not work for them. Just a satisfied customer.
    Doug
    For all that I know there is so much more to learn.

Pontianak, West Borneo. Cimahi, West Java-Indonesia
    Hello all,
    Brand new to the forum.
    I am getting a BS1325 that is a 1.3m x 2.5m flatbed with 100w reci from BAISHENG out of guangzhou. (en.bshcnc.com)
    Paying 56000rmb for it with cw5300, bound for Malaysia. Hearsay has it that they manufacture the best bodies around. the guts are all standards.

getting a spare 100w laser, additional cw5000 for my 80w and 50mm lens beside the 100mm that comes standard.

they include a compressor, but i guess i am getting one that is stronger here b'cos i am going to be cutting 20mm plywood.

I have a BS9060 w 80w laser that has served me well the past few months. Built quality is good, that is why i am getting from the same factory.
    Basically parts looks good and the weld-works are very clean.
    Can provide some pictures if needed.

Nobody speaks proper english in the company. I communicate with them through e-mails in Chinese, but so far their recommendations have checked out(hopefully).
    eg:
    I asked for 150w laser and they recommend 100w for stability. I tried a 150w w8 reci and it didn't fire below 30% setting on Powercut. My 80w fires all the way to 0.1% power on Corelcut by Taizhi. But maybe the 150w machine wasn't tuned well.
    So i called RECI to ask and the person actually recommended 100w over 150w if I want to do engraving.

So I asked if they can install any software on the machine and yes they can indeed. So I was asking if RDCAM is better or Corelcut. They recommend Corelcut.
    I am using corelcut and it seems good enough for me. So it is fine by me.

Hopefully it comes well. It is huge!

will keep everyone posted.

Tommy Lim

You're going to cut 20mm plywood with a 100W RECI from one side or a 100W RECI from on top and underneath?

With a single 100W RECI (using 100mm lens) the thickness wood I've cut is 18mm with lots of air and the result was not of retail quality or economical as it only did 3mm/s. It was pine, perhaps good laser ply would cut better?
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

The thickest ply I have cut is the 1/2" or so Chinese stuff that made up the laser's crate. It cut fine, don't remember the speed. Not exactly top quality ply though.

The thickest wood I have cut is 15mm cedar at 4mm/sec.

I would think you would want a lot more than 100 watts for cutting 20mm ply. Maybe if you cut from both sides like John said.

What kind of 20mm ply is it?

Last edited by Rich Harman; 11-19-2012 at 5:35 PM.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408