Thread: Laguna LT14SE

Laguna LT14SE

For the past few months I have been a lurker on this forum and have enjoyed it very much. It is filled with woodworkers with a sincere respect for the hobby and others. I have been in the hobby for the past year and a half but have always been involved because my father was a professional woodworker. I am getting ready to purchase a bandsaw that will replace my existing 14" Ridgid model. It's a good bandsaw but it just lacks the stability (specifically the vibration and power) that I'm looking for. I have been looking at the Laguna LT14SE for a awhile and have but all made up my mind to take the dive. What I was looking for were for users/owners that had any comments with respect to the resawing and vibration, all the reviews I have read in magazines have raved about the LT14/LT14SE. Thank you in advance.

Carlo

Carlo. I can't really comment on the LTSE, but I would like to welcome you to Sawmill Creek.
    Generally speaking though, most of the posts I've read about Laguna's bandsaw were favorable.
    Good luck, and once again welcome to Sawmill creek.

Carlo, I can't comment on the Laguna either (I ended up buying the MiniMax), but I would like to welcome you to the Creek! Great people, great support, and everyone shares in your woodworking experiences! There's a wealth of expertise floating around these waters!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Carlo, I have a LT14SE and have been very,very happy with its performence. I haven't pushed its resaw capability to the max yet, but so far it has easily handled 8 inch Bois D'Arc ( Osage Orange) which is not a soft wood. Vibration is minimal. This saw uses an odd size blade - 112 inches - so you cant just buy blades off the shelf at Woodcraft, but Laguna offers a wide variety, and you can have blades made to length many other places. My only warning is to make sure you get Laguna to put in writing which motor you are getting with the saw. Laguna has changed the motor spec on this saw several times. I got mine a couple years ago, and have the 2hp import motor. I understand it now comes with the 2 hp Baldor motor. The Laguna guides do a great job with wider blades, but if you plan on using and skinny( 1/4" or less) blades, then you should get Laguna to send you some cool blocks.

Carlo,

Welcome to the Creek! You have joined a great forum! I really hope that you stay around and chat with us, after you have made your decision.

Laguna makes some great tools! Their customer service is great as well, they will always make it right for you. Right now they seem to be going through some growing pains, but in the end they work it out with you.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"