Thread: New Project = New Tools = Dewalt Letdown

New Project = New Tools = Dewalt Letdown

I really appreciate my wife when it comes down to doing a new project when all I have to do is to mention a new tool purchase is needed to do the job correctly. She seldom has any problems with any new toys for the shop. I guess she thinks that is cheaper than chasing other women or a fast car.

Anyway she decided on a new stairway and as a result, I am obligated to do so providing I get a new 15ga finish nailer to complement the others I already have. After much reseach, I decided on a Dewalt D51275 and ordered it from Amazon.

It arrived the other day with the outer carton in not too good condition but I accepted it anyway know that there is other packing in the package. Upon opening the Dewalt hard case, I found the nailer to be undamaged but to my surprise, it was missing its trigger lever. Since I am out of time, I called Dewalt and they are shipping the missing parts on an expedited basis.

Now the question to the group is; since the trigger is missing, would the nailer have even been tested before leaving the factory and if so, should I even consider keeping it considering the time constraints I have or should I get a replacement?

Mike,

I would talk to both Amazon and Dewalt about your concerns. I would doubt that every nailer that Dewalt ships is tested, yours pretty much assures that.

Get a response in writing from either Dewalt or Amazon that they will make this right for you.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Mike, I don't think this is going to be a problem except maybe for your schedule. If the trigger doesn't fix the problem I'm confident Dewalt of Amazon will make it right. Does B&D have a service center near you?
    Dennis