Thread: LSU/Alabama

Blog Entries

LSU/Alabama

A great game last night. Hard fought between 2 very good teams.

Congratulations Alabama. Super good football team.

PHM

It was a great game. I was hoping LSU wouldn't abandon their defensive strategy the whole game to go into a 3 down lineman prevent type defense, though. When there's more than just a few seconds on the clock, I hate to see defenses giving the game away thinking the clock will save them. If someone is going to win with a TD, gotta make them work for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    It was a great game. I was hoping LSU wouldn't abandon their defensive strategy the whole game to go into a 3 down lineman prevent type defense, though. When there's more than just a few seconds on the clock, I hate to see defenses giving the game away thinking the clock will save them. If someone is going to win with a TD, gotta make them work for it.
    From a fans point of view I agree with you David. A few coaching mistakes from LSU last night (all the gambles). Especially that fake field goal when Alabama was looking for it.

But still, Counting everything, LSU played a competitive game with them, and that is not an easy task. Alabama is so good. Forcing the level of competition to raise in the SEC just to somewhat try to keep up with them, and not get blown out when you play them.

PHM

Sorry about the outcome, Paul, but ...........

I gotta say: The Mad Hatter pulled defeat from the jaws of victory on that one. He is often as good an escape artist as Houdini, but he should pull the S and the U off his cap for a week, and just walk around with the "L".
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Okay, guys, me being a newbie to the conference, how do you think my Aggies will fare against the Tide?
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Winship View Post
    Okay, guys, me being a newbie to the conference, how do you think my Aggies will fare against the Tide?
    Good luck with them Tom, Personally I think they're really good. I think Alabama is the best team in the country. Just my thoughts.

You guys have a good team though.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    LSU played a competitive game with them, and that is not an easy task.
    Oh, I think so, too. Not only did they play competitive, I think they outplayed them. They just held the ball for a long time and couldn't turn it into points as well.

The prevent defense is a pet peeve of mine, unless there's only enough time to run two plays. But going to it when there's a minute and a half left, or more, I just don't like it unless you've been getting beat in the secondary all day. And in that case, LSU had alabama's timing off all day, and then they backed off. I wanted to see them win the game.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Aggies on beating Alabama.

I think the Aggies played a great game.

PHM