Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stl file and wincnc

stl file and wincnc

Riverebend Middle School has a brand new Camaster Stinger CNC Router!!! Yes big gloat and a thank you to Keith and Joey at Camasters will follow soon. I already have my first of many questions I’m sure. I purchased a 3d file of a rose off of ebay and the file came in stl format. How do I run that file in wincnc. We purchased Vcarve Pro but do not have that in our hands yet. Can I import that stl file into wincnc or do I need a program to convert it? Thanks Dave

you need to have a program IE Vcarve Pro Aspire or another to create a cut file to load into your wincnc.

OK Thanks, will VCarve Pro generate a 3d stl file or do I need a program like Aspire to do that?

You would need Aspire for that Talk to Brian and see if you could change your order to Aspire.

Aspire is out of my budget at the present time maybe something we can grow into. Thanks for the info. Dave

You don't need Aspire, per se. If you already have the STL, you can use cut3d to make your toolpaths. MUCH cheaper. Aspire does a lot more things, but toolpath generation is very similar. You can then bring the 3D toolpath into vCarvePro to combine it with 2D cuts like on a sign or something with a 3D embellishment.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

you will need cut 3d or aspire to toolpathit your self, if you want I could work it for you. always glad to help !!

Thanks for the info guys, James I sent you a PM.

Capture.jpgGood looking file,, I will look for my copy of cut 3d and prep it for vcarve pro,, do you have a camaster, I see you are using wincnc, I am working tomorrow so feel free to call my number is on my site,,

Yes, we just got our Stinger on Monday, looks like a very nice machine. We are waiting for our software (VCarve Pro) to arrive so we can start working with it. I am planning on being in the woods on a tree stand all day tomorrow with a bow in my hand but if I get a break I will give you a call. Thanks again.

Dave, if you have received the email with your vectric codes then you can go to vectric site, download the full demo of VCP and go to help>enter user code> this will unlock your software,, no need to wait on disk

I don't think you can enter a user code into the demo. Brian explained this on the Vectric forum

did it last night with a new user,,

Jim I think you can not input your user code into a demo copy. Brian explained that on the Vectric forum

I have not received anything from Vetric - not sure why.