Thread: Excel experts...

Excel experts...

This is what i want to do....
    1) use excel as a database table with 5 fields of information
    2) for the last field or column, when i press enter a new work sheet must be automatically created and populated with information from the previous 4 columns and be ready for data entry. maybe I have not explained it well enough as i am not sure this is even possible.

thx in advance

2. What version of Excel? Have you looked at using Forms within Excel?

Good news bad news.
    Yes, you can do it.
    I don't know how.....

You can record a macro that will copy contents from your worksheet and place it onto a new worksheet (or easier, just insert a copy of the present worksheet??)

Then, read the text below from an Excel tutorial website:

"Excel has the ability to automatically run/execute any Excel macro code of our choosing when data in any cell on a Worksheet changes. We can do this via the Worksheet_Change event. We can even specify which cell/cells must be changed before running our code."
    http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/run-macros-change.htm
    (There were a number of websites with directions on recording macros. This was just the first one I saw.)

I have experience recording macros, but have never used the 'Worksheet_Change event' function.

But, maybe this will point you in the right direction.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.