Thread: Dang hose!!!!!

Blog Entries

Dang hose!!!!!

Will someone explain to me why we can put a man on the moon, but we can't invent a pressure washer hose that will work "WITH" you! Been sneaking in some sessions of pressure washing my house in-between other tasks and every time I do it, I am forced to put up with a stiff and unforgiving hose that wants to curl and catch on every little thing around. I guess it must have something to do with the pressure of the water inside, but I don't know, I just wanted to blow off some steam.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Voorhees
    Will someone explain to me why we can put a man on the moon, but we can't invent a pressure washer hose that will work "WITH" you! Been sneaking in some sessions of pressure washing my house in-between other tasks and every time I do it, I am forced to put up with a stiff and unforgiving hose that wants to curl and catch on every little thing around. I guess it must have something to do with the pressure of the water inside, but I don't know, I just wanted to blow off some steam.
    Yeah Fred, I sympathise with you! The worst part is that, even after you get done using the stupid thing, the hose is still going in every which direction but the one you want it to go in!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I just used one last weekend. I agree with you! That hose SURE is a pain!! Fight it the whole time you are using it, then you have to fight it to get it to coil to put away!!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

"Cost". They could make hoses like the Coilhose Flexeel air hoses, but I guess that would raise the price of the machine and reduce sales...'nature of the world we live in.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    John and Jeff, I am so glad to see that I am not alone. And yes, you are so correct in saying that it is just as much a PITA when you try to coil it back up to store it. I have my wife stand back with the wand as far as the hose allows and she twists it to keep the hose from coiling. The sad thing is, it STILL manages to raise my blood pressure! The good news is that I finished the rest of the house today after work and I shouldn't have to deal with it again until I choose.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!