Thread: Bobcad v25

Bobcad v25

Just purchased Bobcad & Bobart V25 for a decent price compared to most other software. I now see that many people have had issues with it in the past and maybe I should have done more homework before I purchased. I did get the whole 10 disc set of tutorial videos also with the purchase and from what I have seen it looks great??? Am I going to regret this purchase or will it be a good starting out 2d/3d software. We have a Biesse Rover A3.4 that is running Biesse Works and are just wanting to experiment with 3d stuff in our spare time.I would eventually like to move up to aspire but just didnt have the funds at this time. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Robert, there is a BobCAD forum over at cnczone.com. Take a look there. Some BobCAD user don't pull any punches about the software. But do keep in mind, more people will take time to complain than to complement.

John

Blog Entries
    If you can get your money back, I would suggest doing so... it has its merits from a beginner's standpoint, but the moment you run into one of its numerous bugs, you'll begin to beat your head against the wall.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Thanks for the input, I checkd out cnczone and i see that its 50 -50. If it is a good beginners software than thats what i am looking for.

Hi Robert. I know this is an old post but I wanted to put this here in case anyone else has an issue.

http://haydenpub.com/ has a fantastic bobcad book for $7. Bob can works a bit different and this book helps explain that. Once you read it you will understand better how bob cad works.
    Carolyn Lebl

Texas Duratile, LLC
    USA Laser Pro