Thread: Why can't I find older threads ?

Why can't I find older threads ?

A while back I bought a router from another member here. There is no problem with it, but one of my other routers failed and I am wondering whether it happens to be the same model - they look very similar. Unfortunately the ID plate on the router is worn off where the model # would be, so I decided to search for the thread in which it was listed. I couldn't find it, and in fact it seemed I couldn't find *any* threads older than, say, 6 months , at least in the Classifieds.

Are threads purged in that forum, and if so - why ?

Kelly,

IIRC.....Classified Ads that result in a sale are purged monthly. Why? I think it is because SMC stores their own data and storing the old outdated Classifieds Ads would take up a lot of space and have very little value.

Hopefully Kieth Outten or one of the other Moderators will chime in with another opinion.
    Ken

Kelly, to help keep the Classifieds forum easy to browse all posts are removed after 3 months, based on the last posting or reply date. It is the member’s responsibility to repost expired/unsold items if they choose.

Bruce
    Please help support the Creek.

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Kelly, to help keep the Classifieds forum easy to browse all posts are removed after 3 months, based on the last posting or reply date. It is the memberís responsibility to repost expired/unsold items if they choose.

Bruce
    Thanks Bruce. I think that's too bad since the Classifieds and the prices therein constitute a valuable resource for its users. I know it's the first place I'd turn to find out how much a given tool might be worth, but with only 3-months history, that's not much history at all.

Unfortunately, the seller of the router has a full Inbox so I have no way of contacting him.

thanks again !