Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When it rains, We pour!

ufer grounds were developed for munitions storage in the desert ....

Requiring them in a soupy Indiana back yard is a total joke... and yet another example of the nani-state protecting it's serfs from extremely remote risks while driving cost sky high and killing the economy.

The OP will cut off both his hands and feet on his table saw b4 he every blows up his shop for lack of a ufer ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McColley View Post
    ufer grounds were developed for munitions storage in the desert ....

Requiring them in a soupy Indiana back yard is a total joke... and yet another example of the nani-state protecting it's serfs from extremely remote risks while driving cost sky high and killing the economy.

The OP will cut off both his hands and feet on his table saw b4 he every blows up his shop for lack of a ufer ground.
    Actually, the ufer ground should be cheaper than 2 ground rods if some forethought is given to where the panel will be. Cheaper labor costs as well.

As far as your last statement, I hope none of that happens. Regardless, it's in the NEC, and if it's code in your area, one either does it or one writes a modification request to the NEC and/or ICC.

Again, I would fight tooth and nail if someone told me I had to hammer up a footing......................That's just ridiculous. I enforce code for a living, but there has to be some common sense injected.
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

I am glad I did,it only cost me $ 700 for insulation and pex tubing.You can finish rest later.
    Jaromir

About 35 years ago, inspectors had common sense. If you built something they didn't like, but figured was ok, they would say to do it their way the next time. Now, they say tear it down and do it the way I tell you. The head inspector in our town was fired for not playing a game with the city development director, she wanted special treatment for the people building a holidome, and the inspector didn't make special deals, everybody went by the same book. When they replaced the guy, common sense went out with him. I still have my copy of the '76 code, it is about 1/4" thick.