Thread: Now no bath mats

Now no bath mats

In another thread, I mentioned not being about to find saucers at the local Kmart or Walmart. Now it's bath mats that have gone extinct.

I grew up with the kind of bath mat that is made of the same material as a towel except that it's thicker. It isn't a rug. It isn't a mat woven of tube-like pieces of material.

I still have some of these old fashioned bath mats that I got less than 10 years ago. But when I went looking for such a thing at the local Kmart and Walmart, there were none. I spoke to a young Walmart employee about them and she didn't understand what I was talking about.

I know the exact mat you speak of, have two of them. I'll ask the wife if she remembers where they came from. In the mean time, do you have a Kohl's to check?

Don't know if it will help, but the tag on these have the name Kaufman on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W Johnson View Post
    do you have a Kohl's to check?
    I think so. I'll look at the store I think might be Kohl's - but only because it's across the parking lot from Lowes Hardware.

Try Bed, Bath, and Beyond online. I think I remember seeing them in the store. World Market also sells them, but I try not to buy from them (though sometimes I can't resist the coffee).

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Yes, that's the kind. Four for aproximately $100?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    Yes, that's the kind. Four for aproximately $100?
    Well, you didn't specify a price point. They should last a good while unless you decide to change your color scheme.

Bella Terra

Walmart carries them for around $20 a two pack. Don't know the quality, but sound okay.

Walmart online? As I said, the local Walmart didn't have any.

Here's another item: I went to the local Target store to get an electric tea kettle. They had a whole shelf of different colors of the same model of non-electric Kitchenaid tea kettle. They had one model of electric coffee percolator. They had no electric tea kettles.

( I shoud add that Target did have a few saucers.)

Sorry, I should of said it was Walmart online. As little selection that I find of most things in stores I usually shop online for variety.