Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitanemuk Bottleneck Basket-3A

Kitanemuk Bottleneck Basket-3A

This is another in a series of these I've done. Size is abt 7" x 7", turned from
    Sycamore, 1/8" beads, dyes & with my normal 4-step finishing process. The interior
    of this is not beaded/dyed. It does have a coat of "Terra Cotta" acrylic on the interior
    to seal/protect. Comments & critiques always welcome.Kitanemuk Bottleneck asket-3A.jpg
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is probably not for you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    But rather learning to dance in the rain

Hey that is AWESOME! (and it looks strangely familiar for some reason...)
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I like this pattern better than the other one, maybe because there is more reed space at the shoulder? Who know...but is amazing as usual!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Wow! That is spectacular!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

That is outstanding work.
    Bill

Hours and hours of fine effort.
    C&C WELCOME

Reading the comments already made, I see Amazing, Awesome, Spectacular and Outstanding. This piece is all those and more! Excellent work, Jim.

Great job Jim!

Beautiful piece. Great job.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Spechless. Fantastic piece of art!!

remarkable, as usual
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adkins View Post
    This is another in a series of these I've done. Size is abt 7" x 7", turned from
    Sycamore, 1/8" beads, dyes & with my normal 4-step finishing process. The interior
    of this is not beaded/dyed. It does have a coat of "Terra Cotta" acrylic on the interior
    to seal/protect. Comments & critiques always welcome.
    Jim, the name Kitanemuk sounds like it might be one of the tribes of the Pacific Northwest. After visiting Washington and Oregon a couple years ago, I became interested in turning some vessels in the style made by the Klickitat people. So far, I have only thought about it however. Your turning has inspired me to get off dead center.
    Bill

Bill....The Kitanemuk were situated in central, eastern Calif. Yes, I too understand the similar sounding tribes from the Pacific Northwest
    They did some fantastic weaving of baskets but I've yet to figure how to do the "weave" look in wood. Some is called twining and seems to
    always give a look of being done on the diagonal.
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is probably not for you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    But rather learning to dance in the rain

I once was told that there is no such thing as a dumb question so here goes. Are these segmented and then beaded or are they colored this way? Anyway you look at it they are stunning.
    Darren in Oshawa

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Jamieson View Post
    I once was told that there is no such thing as a dumb question so here goes. Are these segmented and then beaded or are they colored this way? Anyway you look at it they are stunning.
    Darren, click on the articles tab at the top of this page. Jim has an excellent tutorial on his basket work.