Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheap Way to Sand Blast Large Glass

2. Well, the planets finally aligned last Thursday and I was able to take Keith up on his offer of a tour, and I have to tell you all, I was extremely impressed. The university buildings that are adorned with Keith's handiwork look nothing like the school buildings of my day. These buildings are gorgeous! I knew the Ferguson Center that the sandblasted glass signs are in is a stunning building, but I was blown away with how nice the rest of the campus buildings are. These kids don't realize how lucky they are.

More to the point of the visit, had they used the usual plastic or laminate signs, they would have met the minimum ADA and architect requirements, but the Corian signs Keith has designed fit the high end decor perfectly. And all from a small, very clean, workshop the size of a two car garage. As Keith is retiring shortly, the campus is fortunate that the Corian signs Keith and his assistant have installed are so durable, they should last a long time. I'm not sure the people Keith works for have any idea what a huge void he will leave behind, I think they are in for a harsh reality check, very soon.

Thanks again for taking time out of your day Keith, I hope I can visit you in your home shop someday soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotos Patistas View Post
    Well, the planets finally aligned last Thursday and I was able to take Keith up on his offer of a tour, and I have to tell you all, I was extremely impressed. The university buildings that are adorned with Keith's handiwork look nothing like the school buildings of my day. These buildings are gorgeous! I knew the Ferguson Center that the sandblasted glass signs are in is a stunning building, but I was blown away with how nice the rest of the campus buildings are. These kids don't realize how lucky they are.

More to the point of the visit, had they used the usual plastic or laminate signs, they would have met the minimum ADA and architect requirements, but the Corian signs Keith has designed fit the high end decor perfectly. And all from a small, very clean, workshop the size of a two car garage. As Keith is retiring shortly, the campus is fortunate that the Corian signs Keith and his assistant have installed are so durable, they should last a long time. I'm not sure the people Keith works for have any idea what a huge void he will leave behind, I think they are in for a harsh reality check, very soon.

Thanks again for taking time out of your day Keith, I hope I can visit you in your home shop someday soon as well.

When you visit Keith home shop I expect a minite by minute account and I am sure that at least one or two other creek walkers will agreed with me

Sotos,

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour of CNU and the new buildings. Our construction of new facilities has been going on for about twelve years now and we only have three more buildings to complete. The last residence hall is under way now and the demolition and replacement of the existing Admin building is scheduled to start in June of 2013. Our new business school with over 135,000 square feet will open up in April next year.

I have been at CNU for just over ten years and it has been a fantastic opportunity but I am looking forward to returning to my sign shop full time again next month. Lots of very nice people at CNU that I will miss working with but I have only a few years left to work in the industry and I would like to spend them in my sign shop working for myself once again.

Your welcome to visit my shop any time. I hope to finally have some time to dedicate to designing more elaborate signs in the future and will be glad to share what I am able to learn with everyone. My next ADA training session will most likely be in the first quarter of next year depending on how successful my marketing effort is over the next two months There is another upcoming event that will help me to keep busy as I transition back to my shop. SawMill Creek's tenth anniversary is just around the corner and I am already working on an event to celebrate the occasion. More on this later!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-14-2012 at 6:44 AM.