Thread: Treasure box

Treasure box

Hi ,My wife is teacher and does a reward box for her students .I thought it would be nice to make a treasure box out of !/4 plywood.Does anyone have a file for a shoe boxed size nice looking treasure box I could cut?
    GCC new mercury II 40 watt
    Corel Draw x5 suite
    All kinds of woodworking/construction junk

There are files for one in 3mm MDF at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17322. It even has a working lock! You could probably just double the size to make it work for 1/4" ply.
    Center for Experimental Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics - University of Washington
    Kern 400W 4'x8' HSE with metal cutting add-on and rotary stage
    2-axis CNC mill, 2 manual mills, 3 lathes, other standard shop tools, . . . and a 7.5 MeV tandem Van de Graaff particle accelerator

I made the one Matt linked to. It is really nice. I am pretty sure it would double. Or you could just increase the length pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kelsey View Post
    I made the one Matt linked to. It is really nice. I am pretty sure it would double. Or you could just increase the length pretty easily.
    Thank you it is nice and I will probably make one that size for fun .I tryed to scale it up but the notches didnt line up.I will probably use it as a guide and draw one up.
    Corel Draw x5 suite

Thank you for the post! If I did it properly I just stretched it to fit 1/4" in the notches, I am hoping to use it for my wedding for the cards.

Thanks again!
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!

[QUOTE=Braden Todd;1979294]Thank you for the post! If I did it properly I just stretched it to fit 1/4" in the notches, I am hoping to use it for my wedding for the cards.

Thanks again![/QUOTE

Could you post the streached file here ?
    Thanks
    Corel Draw x5 suite

[QUOTE=Jim Reinhard;1979348]
    Quote Originally Posted by Braden Todd View Post
    Thank you for the post! If I did it properly I just stretched it to fit 1/4" in the notches, I am hoping to use it for my wedding for the cards.

Thanks again![/QUOTE

Could you post the streached file here ?
    Thanks
    It should be fairly easy to do, Jim. I believe that you can just select all objects (double click on the select tool) and then change both the % fields in the toolbar to 200%. Another option would be to add a dimension to one of the .125 rectangles and then select all objects and stretch from the corner (so both up/down and side/side are sized equally) and continue increasing until you get the correct dimension for your material.

I am attaching the file I made, please let me know if anyone finds an issue with the design. I found some 1/4" mdf at Home Depot and hope to try this tonight! As I mentioned I will be trying to use this for wedding cards, with that in mind I realized that I can cut the center slat in the lid and move the connection holes closer to the sides to allow wider cards. If anyone would like my final design I can load that later too.

Hope this works!

tbox.zip
    Epilog Helix 60 watt, Epilog 36EXT 75 watt, 2 Rotary Attachments, 3 Jaw Chuck Rotary Attachment, Kern 52x100 400 watt putting out 580 watts, Photobrasive Laser Mask, Rayzist 1924 Blast Cabinet, ikonics blast cabinet, SR3000 Resist, Epson 1400 Printer, 1 Paragon Glass Kiln, Covington Wet Belt Sander/Polisher, 2 JDS Air Filtration Units, 14" Stone Saw, and A Few Other Things I Forgot About!