Thread: Titebond III changed?

Titebond III changed?

Jim Becker mentioned something in another thread that reminded me of something I'd noticed with my new bottles of Titebond III. Has anyone else noticed that it's not nearly as dark?

Not me. But, then, I haven't been looking for that. My current supply is out of a gallon bought ~ 3 weeks ago. I refill 16 oz TB bottles and 8oz squeeze bottles from it. Seems the same to me, but - honestly - beats me. If there has been a change, it is a modest one that escaped my attention.

A question back atcha - how would this affect a project? Legitimate question - curious.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I did notice the exact same thing. Not sure why or what it means, if anything.

I also noticed that my two new bottles are both lighter than the one I just finished. They were also less viscous (they flowed more freely) than the old one.

I just chalked it up to air exposure darkening the old bottle up over time.

Hmmm...when I open the new bottle, I'll have to check that out!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McColley View Post
    I also noticed that my two new bottles are both lighter than the one I just finished. They were also less viscous (they flowed more freely) than the old one.

I just chalked it up to air exposure darkening the old bottle up over time.
    Huh, I thought I was imagining things. The newest bottle I picked up last week seemed to be much thinner than what I'm used to. Maybe I've been buying old inventory or something.

A Franklin Internationalex- employee has explained that the formulations are simply tinted to differentiate each other, but that the base compounds in all are clear in the natural state. Kind of like why contact cement is tinted; to give you an idea of how much is laid down.

- Beachside Hank
    Do not use remaining fingers as push sticks.