Thread: Value of delta x5 jointer

Value of delta x5 jointer

Can someone give me an idea of what a used 37-275x X5 series 6" jointer is worth? There is one available locally, and I wonder if it is a good buy or not. He wants $350 (Canadian!) for it.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Not a bad price, considering they're over $900 new.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I bought one for $350USD a few years ago and thought it was a good deal. That said, I wish I would have waited for an 8"...

It only has 46" in tables, and the only online price I have found is 699. It is discontinued tho, so that price is unreliable. So I'm not sure.
    Paul

Not a screaming deal, but I would wait for an 8" to pop up. I have seen Powermatics and Delta DJ-20s go in the $500 range
    Cheers

J
    o
    h
    n
    ________

Stupid Hurts.............

I have an X5 jointer. The "x5" reference is to the warrant being 5 years, aside from that it's the same as the one model just below it with a one year warranty. The 6" size serves my day-today needs well, and if needed I can even run 12" wide stock through it (although some may take issue with my method). The 6" is a nice compact size when compared to the 8" models... although I could have made space for the length of an 8" but considering how many times I need that extra 2" in width, and those times when I would even an 8" jointer wouldn't be enough. So the 6" Delta was my choice, I only got the X5 model because that's all they had in stock at the time anything else they would have had to order. I think I paid around 700-800 for it that was a number of years ago. It has plenty of power, good dust collection and was perfect out of the box -- what more could you want?