Thread: Creeker visit with Dan Kralemann

Creeker visit with Dan Kralemann

I had the opportunity to visit with Dan on Weds. the 15th. I don't know if any of you remember, but last year Dan and I were planning a trip together to visit Jim Adkins. As it turned out Dan couldn't make it because of some medical issues and doctor appointments. Since then, we have occasionally emailed, and in one email Dan told me he had a Kobra Hollowing System on order and he asked if I'd like to visit him when it arrived and possibly offer tips on hollowing. I jumped at the chance to not only meet Dan for the first time, but also to see the Kobra I've heard so much about. This hollower is "top notch", by far the best I have seen. As I found out though, everything Dan has is "top notch". An American Beauty lathe, Baldor grinder with CBN wheels, a real nice vacuum chucking system, 3M Airstream PAPR, Thompson gouges, and on and on. This guy must have the "big bucks". To say I was envious would be an understatement!! I was able to spend around 4 hours with Dan talking and turning and it was great to finally meet. Hopefully Dan will post some pictures of his work.

001.JPG002.JPG004.JPG003.JPG005.JPG

Looks like quite the setup! Always happy to hear of Creekers getting together - bet you both had fun! Looking forward to Dan posting some of his work!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

That is a great looking setup he has. Looks like it was fun for both as creeker visits are the best.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Looks like it was fun for both as creeker visits are the best.
    I agree, Bernie.

Maybe one day my Kobra will sit upon a Robust American Beauty... until then I guess I will just have to suffer with what I've already got...

Looks like fun, did he get the 5/8" boring bar set and adapter too? I use that for the majority of my work. The 1" bar is fun too though
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

great visit, just how big is the shop.........it does not look crowed at all

Rick, I think Dan does have the 5/8" bar, he will have to confirm. And Charlie, Dan will have to chime in with the shop size. I would guess it to be around 20' by 30', at least. Plenty of space though.