Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to have to reinforce the shop floor, got a new PC 7518

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Hang on to it Bill. If you need to say do a 1" roundover on an edge you will be amazed how smooth it is once it is in the cut. Seems like a beast until you are doing what it is meant for. Nothing swings a big bit like the big PC's. I have a custom that is 5" and it does just fine.

Its kind of like the pinstriper we had around here call "Shaky Pete". His hands had tremors until the brush touched the truck, then smooth as silk.

Call it the Mell Tillis of routers.......

Larry
    We will see, if I don't use it in 6 months I may be sending you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Congrats Bill! I will be ordering the motor in the near future. I am sitting at the computer ordering the hardware necessary to make Norm's router table. I want that PC 75-18 motor to add to the Woodpecker PRL-V2 lift I bought at Woodcraft earlier this week.
    I hope that spring assist is a big spring.....

Thanks for the measurements, Bill.

Boy, that thing IS a beast.

I was going to advise you how to beef up the floor.

It may be a beast, but I liken mine to being bullet proof.

After burning out a hand-me-down router atempting to rout large mortices for a timber frame build, I picked up the plunge router version of the PC-7518 (the PC 7538) and is has never let me down in 15+ years.... plenty of power... but the soft start and variable speed harness that power very well.

I've had it mounted in a Rockler router table for that last 10 years.... where the extra weight has only proven to be an asset.

I think you'll be very happy with your choice.