Thread: Recommendations for a Maine sharpening service please.

Recommendations for a Maine sharpening service please.

Please recommend a good sharpening service for carbide blades and steel cutter knives. Sending my stuff to Forrest is expensive. There must be someone in Maine or NH who does a great job. Thank you for your thoughts.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Give these guys a try:

Millmark Products, Inc.
    785 Red Bridge Rd
    Ellsworth, ME 04605.

Phone: 207-667-6763

http://www.millmarkproducts.com/

Also, these guys in Saco, but I don't know anything about them http://www.alphacarbide.com/

Thanks James. Have you sent stuff to Millmark?

Alpha is the company that is used by our local lumber yards who send stuff for the local trades as a service but I have been pretty unhappy with their work for years - too bad because it is so convenient.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Its been a few years, but yes, they know woodworking and equipment so that is a huge plus, they did a fine job.

James

Where I work, we use both Sharp Tool out of Hudson, MA and Northeast Saw and Carbide out of Manchester, NH.

Both do a good job.

Dynamic Saw in Buffalo is flat rate box away. Here in central NC where I live are two good sharpeners, but I send my stuff to Dynamic.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll start in Maine and if need be - work my way out again.
    WQJudge

I've been using Alpha Carbide in Saco for years and have been very satisfied. If you have specific concerns, you might talk directly to Kirk - the owner. Very easy to work with and very accommodating. Drawing a perfect blank on his last name!