Recently I saw a post about some bad after sales service from Epilog which was a little troubling to hear. This post is much more positive although I hasten to add that I am ONLY a customer and this is an account of the good service I received which I think is worth mentioning.

I have to give a big thank you to the guys from CSI Ltd, Ballymount, Dublin who are the licenced Epilog dealer for UK. I was unfortunate enough to have suffered a motherboard failure, believe me I was gutted (still gutted living with the costs involved). I was working away quite happily, engraved a piece, sent another job to the laser and the front panel was out. All of the fans were still running so I knew that the powerpack wasn't at fault. I switched it off at the mains, waited a while and tried again. No beep or attempt to find the home position and no front panel. I knew it was bad.

Anyway I ended up contacting Mr Matthew Kirwin the MD for CSI Ltd who was based in Ireland. He told me he would have a tech guy ring me as soon as possible. Within 10 minutes I was talking with Anthony Carrick who immediately diagnosed the problem. The only solution was to replace the motherboard, I sent him my contact details and sat back waiting for an update as to the delivery. Next morning, motherboard delivered with a follow up email from Anthony Carrick with all the fitting instructions. With the Epilog machines all the parts are relatively easy to replace and within a couple of hours my machine was up and running again.

So it's hats off to CSI Ltd and Epilog for great service yet again, positively outstanding. Now all we have to do is work on the cost of those parts! More reasonable would be a big help.