Thread: Is it hot in Texas?

Is it hot in Texas?

Man, it is so hot here in Texas we are installing outside fans. [wind turbines]
    Harvey.

And the humidity here on the coast near Port Lavaca is tremendous also.

Been hot in Kansas to Harvey. The only saving grace is the humidity has been around 10% to 15%. Can't stand heat with high humidity. We have a lot of those Turbines going in also.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

But in Texas, we are so much better off this year than last. Study the chart on the following website:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/DM_state.htm?TX,S
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Winship View Post
    But in Texas, we are so much better off this year than last. Study the chart on the following website:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/DM_state.htm?TX,S
    No kidding! My wife and I were commenting the other day, "Gee, only 10 days over 100 degrees so far. How great!".

I'm not in Texas but in OKC we hit 113 last Wednesday with a heat index of 122. It was unbelievably uncomfortable. Usually with temps that high our humidty is down around 10-15 percent and the heat index can actually feel cooler than the actual temp. Today the high was 97 and everybody was outside enjoying the "cool" weather. It looks like the really hot weather is over for now and hpoefully for the summer. We set an individual day record once but didn't set a new hottest day ever record..