Thread: Portable Mitersaw Stands

Portable Mitersaw Stands

Anyone have the Dewalt DWX726 or the Ridgid AC9945 Mobile Miter Saw Stands? Closest look I can get is the boxes they are in at the store. I'm leaning towards the Dewalt. I would appreciate any feed back.

thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Stahl; 07-22-2012 at 1:22 PM.

I have the Rigid AC9944 which must be the previous model to the 45. I've always liked the 44, seems rugged, it's easily movable, folds up into a small footprint. I've watched a video review of it and I wish I had it. Completely satisfied with the 44, but it looks like they have made a few improvements which would make it better. Looks like it folds a little easier, and the lever locks look quicker to use. That said, I sure wouldn't get rid of mine to buy the 45, but if I ever need another one (this one should last a LONG time tho) I wouldn't hesitate to buy the 45. My 44 does have larger diameter wheels which makes it easy to move around outside but mine gets moved around the shop mostly anyway. I absolutely would not hesitate to buy the Rigid. Greg

I don't know the model number but I have the Ridgid "SUV" and it is great. Big wheels so it travels anywhere, easy to set up and take down. Has some great extensions as well.
    Cheers

J
    o
    h
    n
    ________

Stupid Hurts.............

I also have a Ridgid, though I also don't know which it is. Price is great and the stand is top notch.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Peter......I bought a Delta as it was the first one I saw. Big mistake. It's well built and functions well EXCEPT.....when folded up, it won't stand by itself as the wheels touch the ground. It has to be "hooked" over something to be stood up and stored when not being used.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Compare the weight factor. I happened upon a Ryobi MS stand that is as solid as can be, but that sucker is HEAVY. Don't even know if it still available, and I'm glad I don't have to tote it around to job sites.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I have The Saw Helper
    Strong accurate and versatile Mine must be 18 years old now and still going strong
    framing and trim usage
    http://www.sawhelper.com/
    Carpe Lignum

Thanks for all the replies so far. I think I'm going to go with the Ridgid but it's going to have to wait a couple days. The battery in my car went today so I'll be going to get a new one tomorrow. Keep the replies coming.

Quote Originally Posted by phil harold View Post
    I have The Saw Helper
    Strong accurate and versatile Mine must be 18 years old now and still going strong
    framing and trim usage
    http://www.sawhelper.com/
    is the company back in business?

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    is the company back in business?
    UHM Maybe?

their price list that they sent me is 2008

http://www.sawhelper.com/sawhelper_p...ist-july08.pdf

well at least they still have a website...
    Carpe Lignum

I looked at a bunch of portable stands and settled on this one from Sears:
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...=31-25019294-2

It looks like Sears is dropping it. Pity, it's a lot of stand for a little money.
    The only knock people seem to have against it is that it's heavy.
    Yes, it is heavy - but - along with heavy it's strong, sturdy and rock solid. Heavy is a good thing IMHO.

The wings extend out 5' on each side instead of only 4' like many of the others.
    There's also two support rollers per side instead of just one.
    It folds up into a small enough package that it, along with a 10" CMS, can fit in the trunk of a compact car & still have plenty of space for other stuff.

The only real drawback I've found to this stand is that once it's set up, it's a bugger to move around.
    That's not an issue on a job site - but - it's sort of a pain in the shop. I prefer to use my CMS out in the driveway & those little wheels and the way they are attached don't allow the stand to be rolled easily.
    However - for a third of the price of one that does roll around, I'll gladly live with that.

I've used a ryobi folding stand that works pretty well. It doesn't have wheels, so "portable" would mean detaching the saw (easy) and lugging that, then lugging the stand. The stand weight isn't too bad, but this isn't an ideal procedure if you've got a big sliding saw.

I've since switched to the Bosch stand. Works well. It has a wide wheelbase, which helps with stability, but also makes it a bit more awkward to wheel around a crowded garage.

Most of these stands have some sort of flip-up stop for repeating cuts. How many of you use those?

Matt

Matt, I use the stops on the Ryobi.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    I've used a ryobi folding stand that works pretty well. It doesn't have wheels, so "portable" would mean detaching the saw (easy) and lugging that, then lugging the stand. The stand weight isn't too bad, but this isn't an ideal procedure if you've got a big sliding saw.

I've since switched to the Bosch stand. Works well. It has a wide wheelbase, which helps with stability, but also makes it a bit more awkward to wheel around a crowded garage.

Most of these stands have some sort of flip-up stop for repeating cuts. How many of you use those?

Matt
    the bosch is so incredibly easy to wheel out and set up. definitely not cheap, but i love it!