Thread: Drawer Slide Problem

Drawer Slide Problem

This is my first post but I have been lurking for a long time...this is a great forum.

I need to retrofit some damaged drawer slides. The drawers need side mounted slides that will fit in a 7/16 gap on each side between the drawer box and the case. The damaged slides had no markings on them and I have had no luck finding replacements that will fit.

Can anyone help with a source?

Thanks,
    Mark

Jamie, that is the general idea but I have no way to add the rebate to the drawer sides. I need something rated at 50lbs at least.
    I appreciate your help.

Welcome to the creek.

Just a thought, could you rout a 1/16" dado in the drawer side and then go with 1/2" slide?

wwhardware or rockler
    Building Inspector, CBO

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Donnici View Post
    Jamie, that is the general idea but I have no way to add the rebate to the drawer sides....
    Those slides are 3/8" thick. You'll actually have to shim them out to make them fit your 7/16" gap.

Can you just run the drawer sides over a jointer or through a table saw or sander to gain 1/16"? You would then have the option of very many side mount slides that only require 1/2" clearance. It's a work around but might be worth the effort. Bill's idea to make a dado should work too. Maybe just run the drawer sides over the table saw to take out a 1/16" x the height of the intended drawer slide.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I did some just like Sam. Cut 1/16 or a hair more off the sides of the drawers. Just set the sawblade a bit higher than the slides are high. It worked great. Of course, this assumes you can get the front of the drawers off to make the cuts.

I won't say why I had to do this. Lets just say it was my first time with drawers.

Rick Potter