Thread: Select Forums for New Posts

Blog Entries

Select Forums for New Posts

I know this has been brought up before but just wanted to leave a gentle reminder. The ability to select which forums you wanted (or wanted to block) when looking at new posts was a really nice feature that went away during the last upgrade. I know Keith has said Aaron would work on it when he had time but it has been quite a while. Would really like to have that feature back, please.

I agree, it allows you to search through more of what you are interested in without all the posts you aren't.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

We haven't forgotten about this, it is high on our priority list.

See Bruce's workaround on this thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...look-at-others

I saved the address as it appears below in my Firefox SMC bookmark "Properties" description section to filter my unwanted forums. This makes it convenient to copy & paste when I log on. Aaron has us spoiled.

www.sawmillcreek.org/search.php?do=getnew&include=3,4,5,7,10,12,13,16,2 3,29,38,39,40,44,59

Add or delete forums based on your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hagan View Post
    See Bruce's workaround on this thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...look-at-others

I saved the address as it appears below in my Firefox SMC bookmark "Properties" description section to filter my unwanted forums. This makes it convenient to copy & paste when I log on. Aaron has us spoiled.
    I have an “SMC” button with the workaround link on my Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar. I just open Firefox and click the button. I used the button w/link even when the “New Posts” dropdown was active. For me, it is more convenient.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I have an “SMC” button with the workaround link on my Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar. I just open Firefox and click the button. I used the button w/link even when the “New Posts” dropdown was active. For me, it is more convenient.
    I tried that initially—but it wasn’t filtering properly. I just set it up again as you suggested, Bruce. It works now. Four less clicks.