Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it Hot around here, or is it just me?

joined pool friday, discount rate because 1/3 summer gone, good deal, friday night, lost power, no power at pool, but they had generator to run pumps, water felt good, brother had power, got power back at 630 pm, thanks road crews, there are thousands still without power, and its hot

Hmmmm,

Some friends from Virginia just called and asked if we wanted to have lunch Thursday. Here.

Rick Potter

We hit 98F here today with a dew point over 70F. I went to a metal supplier to pick up some metal and it was hotter than blazes in their warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    We hit 98F here today with a dew point over 70F. I went to a metal supplier to pick up some metal and it was hotter than blazes in their warehouse.
    Fry in the summer, Freeze in the winter

Do you work at a Tractor Supply Company store, Belinda?
    I drink, therefore I am.

we have been 100 plus for a week and it will continue this week. The only place hotter is my back greenhouse. no sump cooling, no shade cloth, ..... it has to be over 140 in there today. The remaining spring bedding plants are cooking.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Not up here in Maine it isn't....

95 yesterday where I was working - cleaning out gutters on a ladder.
    No problems w/sweating in the least... I was drenched.

Forcast is for 100 plus today.

I'm beginning to think there may be something to this 2012 thing after all.

Our weather here has been - - odd - - since January.

I found this interesting. X1 flare yesterday and an M2 flare today. It seems we're in a very active solar cycle currently.

http://spaceweather.com/

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    I found this interesting. X1 flare yesterday and an M2 flare today. It seems we're in a very active solar cycle currently.

http://spaceweather.com/
    will this cause trouble to the internet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Do you work at a Tractor Supply Company store, Belinda?
    Much worse. Belinda works in a granite quarry. Now that's hot work!
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    will this cause trouble to the internet ?
    It could Ray. There have already been some minor issues with communications satellites. If we took a direct hit it could cause outages, but it's most likely going to miss us.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Much worse. Belinda works in a granite quarry. Now that's hot work!
    Not quite Brian, just a granite company. I don't have enough upper body strength to work in a quarry. Oh, and I ain't squat for operating heavy equipment!

Bella Terra

It's so funny to me that "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" is a perfectly reasonable question coming from a female, with nothing intended other than the obvious. Another woman would just reply, "No honey, it isn't hot in here." or "It's just you, here let me loan you my fan until the flash passes."

I had to attend the funeral of a friend and former employee yesterday. We arrived for the graveside portion of the funeral at 12:00 noon. The minister had already spoken for an hour at the chapel. After 30 minutes in the sun with no breeze, I just wanted to say to the minister, "Have mercy on the living and wrap this thing up." (No offense intended Brian Kent. And yes, I know it ain't all about me.) I felt so sorry for my friend's elderly mother, both for her loss and for the fact that by the end of the service she was extremely pale and appeared near to fainting, and me without my smelling salts.

Bella Terra

Belinda, that's why my follow-up graveside services are really short - about 15 minutes including military honors. For years, almost every time we had a service at Riverside National Cemetery it was about 104°. Let me know if you need me to come over and teach how to do "brief".

Glad you're not in the quarry with hammer and chisel.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!