Thread: warthog CNC

warthog CNC

Hi everyone,
    this is a long shot, but I'm finally upgrading my warthog cnc from the stone age & it seems a shame to just throw out the old cnc controller & win 95 computer.
    Is there anyone still running this that might want it as a back-up? (free) Its in the Atlanta area.

oops forget my tel# 770-652-7272

the old anaheims were a work horse,, i upgraded my first warthog in 07, easy enough, these machines pre 05 were the footprint of todays camasters, are you staying with wincnc?

yes, we downsized & don't really have room for everything, but I finally decided I was keeping the router and I ordered the upgrade from wincnc

sendin you a pm

Cheryl . . . is the warthog still available?

the warthog company was sold to a group in 05 that eventually bankrupted in tenn, most all of the components and wincnc technology is still supported on the camster machines. my first large 408 was a 99 warthog that camaster retrofited and updated for me in 07, i sold it and purchased thier newer machine
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 07-01-2012 at 6:50 AM.

Sorry, for the confusion, I thought I could give away the old Cnc control
    box & win 95 computer, but it turns out the new wincnc component plugs into the old box. The new computer is win 7, so if anyone is desperately trying to find a win 95 computer to run old equipment, I think I can give that away, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Walsh View Post
    Sorry, for the confusion, I thought I could give away the old Cnc control
    box & win 95 computer, but it turns out the new wincnc component plugs into the old box. The new computer is win 7, so if anyone is desperately trying to find a win 95 computer to run old equipment, I think I can give that away, LOL!

can you just upgrade software or a new daughter board as well ?

Yes, that's what they've sent me, but it still plugs into the old box. Then it goes into a daughter board installed in the computer, with the new program.

there are support forums for wincnc on camheads.org (morph of warthog the original) feel free to join