Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tall Maple Vase/ now with a better picture

Nice form Roger. Looks good with only the single burned line. Another type of simple embellishment might be nice as well. Lots of possibilities for you.

2. Thanks Baxter.......
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Good looking vase Roger! Has an almost old-world charm to it. Good flow to the curve!

When it comes to tweaking your photos ... what graphics editor are you using? Should be able to adjust lighting and color with just about all of the editors.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Good looking vase Roger! Has an almost old-world charm to it. Good flow to the curve!

When it comes to tweaking your photos ... what graphics editor are you using? Should be able to adjust lighting and color with just about all of the editors.
    Steve..........I just borrowed this pic that I had "tweaked" on the WOW forum..........copy and paste..........don't know what software they have that allows one to edit pics..........maybe I need to get my own!

Roger - I use this free graphics program and have for years. It is a great program and worth checking into - in my opinion. FastStone
    Steve

6. Thanks Steve..........I have the resizer program from faststone.........not sure if they are the same, as I have not seen how to enhance images, only convert to different sizes. I am not very tech savy..........might have to learn however!

Roger, does your wife's camera have exposure compensation function available, and yes, you may have to read the instruction book to find out! If so, a setting of +1 will greatly improve your underexposure situation, without the need for software manipulations.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Donaldson View Post
    Roger, does your wife's camera have exposure compensation function available, and yes, you may have to read the instruction book to find out! If so, a setting of +1 will greatly improve your underexposure situation, without the need for software manipulations.
    If I can locate the instruction book Jamie.........that might be the issue! It is a Pentax K100 digital SLR.........don't know if that gives you any information you need or I need...........might have to do a google search!

9. Okay Jamie.........got the manual, and got it figured out.........I now know how to put +1 on the exposure in the menu, and now if I can just remember to do that when I take a pic!

Thanks for all your help on this issue.........even an old dog like me can learn a new trick once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Roger - I use this free graphics program and have for years. It is a great program and worth checking into - in my opinion. FastStone
    Steve........I downloaded the aforementioned program.......look at the results using it!

IMGP3453.JPG What a difference............thank you Sir!!!

Roger... it looks a lot more natural in coloring. Jamie offered the best advice - use the camera to get as good a photo as you can. Then, if needed, use your graphics program to touch-up those items that need it. One thing to remember when editing - a little bit goes a long way! You don't want your photo to look like a painted poster from the 60's!

Experiment with the camera and also the graphics program. If you have any questions on the graphics program - let me know and I may be able to assist. Any questions on photography - Jamie is the expert!
    Steve

12. Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Roger... it looks a lot more natural in coloring. Jamie offered the best advice - use the camera to get as good a photo as you can. Then, if needed, use your graphics program to touch-up those items that need it. One thing to remember when editing - a little bit goes a long way! You don't want your photo to look like a painted poster from the 60's!

Experiment with the camera and also the graphics program. If you have any questions on the graphics program - let me know and I may be able to assist. Any questions on photography - Jamie is the expert!
    Thanks Steve.........I appreciate your offer and all the help to date!

Very nice vase Roger! I'm like the others, that rim sets it off! Looks great!
    Billy

14. Quote Originally Posted by Billy Tallant View Post
    Very nice vase Roger! I'm like the others, that rim sets it off! Looks great!
    Thanks Billy..........appreciated!