Thread: Can Anyone Identify This Lathe?

Can Anyone Identify This Lathe?

A friend of mine is looking to get a lathe and found this one for $150. I couldn't tell him what kind it was. Does anyone know what kind it is, whether it is any good, and if that is a good price. The owner said it has been used very little.

Thanks,

Jeff

lathe.jpg

2. It looks to be a similar lathe to this very cheap HF model....

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/c...mage_10313.jpg

....likely made for several companies by the same manufacturer. If I were your friend, I would pass this one up, and go for the Harbor Freight clone of the Jet 12/36 .......if that is all he can do at this time...........it is a better lathe for only a little more money.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/c...mage_17470.jpg
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 06-23-2012 at 8:27 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

My brother bought one and the name on his is Rand. It is cheap and not worth $150. He said he was embarrassed to admit it but he said it wasn't worth $5. If I were your friend I would pass.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

X2 on both comments. Very early into the vortex, I looked at that lathe and realized very quickly, it was not worth even the low $ price tag.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.