Thread: wheels

Blog Entries

Question wheels

where is the best place to buy wheels for a steady rest ?? ed

I have seen a lot of them on the in-line skates for sale at thrift shops. Most sporting goods stores should have them.
    Seven days without turning makes one weak.

One source often suggested is Goodwill -- get an old pair of inline skates. Another good source would be a local skateboard shop -- I've gotten new wheels for reduced prices (one time they had what should have been a 4-wheel set which was missing a wheel -- but three wheels is just right for a steady), and they probably would also have used wheels from repair jobs. Plus, if you have grey hair, there is a certain shock or freak value when they see you walk into one of these shops. I was able to double my freak value on one such visit, since I wanted a couple wheels to use in building a trebuchet -- that was an interesting discussion.

4. I got my inline skate wheels through Amazon.com ........cost about $14.00 included were bearings..........made my shop built steady, then gave it away to another turner when I got a steady from Jeff Nicol...........I got enough wheels to replace them all, for that price.........now I still have 4 spares in case I ever need to replace one.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!