Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sticky jointer tables

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Westfall View Post
    +1 on this - it works great

And though I'm far from an authority on such things, I didn't think you wanted the out-feed table lower than the knives and I can't imagine that would improve the cut in any way...

I used the topcoat for a while, but I was still getting a bit of rust, so I switched to wax. Plus it's kinda spendy.
    Keith, .001 below the table is just the reading on the gauge, and within the margin of error. Important thing is, I was no longer feeling the board catch on the edge of the outfeed table.

Update: I just surface jointed about 12bf more of the soft maple, and the tables are getting "draggy" again. Even edge jointing against the fence is difficult. I tried some hard maple & some walnut with the same result. All the woods dry, and been on the rack for at least a year. It's gotta be the wax.

Quote Originally Posted by joe milana View Post
    It's gotta be the wax.
    Did you melt it into the table as I suggested?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Angry Newer iron IS draggy

One property of the old Mechanite tables is they are slicker ,just as a piece of oak is slicker than a piece of poplar.I like Ballistol for spraying tables,just buff it off before jointing an edge that is to receive glue