Thread: A little Dozer!

Blog Entries

A little Dozer!

Here is the latest toy to find its way out of my shop and into the hands of the grandkids. Some of your from the End O Pond picnic got a sneak preview. I made three of these and made a few changes from the plans that were in the "Great All American Wooden Toy Book".

It is made from maple and was left unfinished intentionally.

My grandson enjoyed his time with it, still hasn't gotten the hang of putting it on the back of the tractor trailer truck, but liked to push things with it.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thumbs up Lee, when your grandson

gets adapted to running that dozer well, bring him and it over. I have some brush I need pushed out for more pasture. Steve

Great All American Wooden Toy Book

Lee, The little dozer looks great. Looks like nice detail on the seat. Did you cove the blade with a belt sander?

I have that same book and have built a bunch of toys from it. The book has some nice trains designs too. There's a happy child somewhere tonight. Lars

Blog Entries

Blade details

The blade cove was cut on my bandsaw. I stuck two pieces of wood back to back with double sided tape before the angles on each end got cut, drew the curve I wanted on them and bandsawed the curve free hand. The bandsaw is a 14" 3/4 Hp Delta, the blade was a 3/16" tufftooth. I cleaned it up with a drill press mounted drum sander.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Cool Maple Dozer

Now Lee,
    You say that it is a maple!
    I know about Cat wood and Deer wood but haven't heard about maple wood dozers.
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA