Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are YOU OCD?

Are YOU OCD?

If these pictures drive you nuts, you are!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/things...cd-self-insane

Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I guess I would say none of those would drive me crazy - but I would, at first opportunity - fix EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!

Seriously, the pills being backward - who cares. The pills being removed "out of order" - who's the idiot?

The Fig Newton wrong - a good excuse to eat down to it ASAP to get it out of there.

The tiles being off - who's the idiot - where's the grout?

What numb nut opens a bag upside down? HELLO!!!

Nah, they don't bug me any. Not at all. Nooooo sirrrreeeeee.

Great shots! But I didn't get the #2 picture, any help?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose

Jack

ZERO effect...

If things like this affect your life, you must be OCD.. One Creepy Dude

Knock Knock Knock..Penny!

Last edited by Bill Cunningham; 06-04-2012 at 7:51 PM. Reason: ARRRRGggggg Spelling error... My OCD downfall
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wilson View Post
    Great shots! But I didn't get the #2 picture, any help?
    The latch should be vertical! Duh!!

My problem is I am OCD about things that don't matter and not about the things that would make me a "better" person/husband. At least that is what my wife tells me.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    I'm OK because I have CDO. Its a lot like OCD but, the letters are in the right order.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

#7 would drive me nuts.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I'm OK because I have CDO. Its a lot like OCD but, the letters are in the right order.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Excellent.
    "Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker. "

Just to clarify on the Fluoxetine--that is more commonly known as Prozac, and is often prescribed to treat OCD.

I have actually interrupted a conversation before when I noticed a tile out of place in a building's entryway, similar to #17.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

As one of my friends would say "these ones" got me: 3, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15. And for gosh sakes, when you give me my paper money change, face the bills. How can anyone walk around with money that isn't faced and in numerical order, lowest denomination on top?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

My wife goes around the kitchen and opens drawers just a crack, just to drive me nuts. I caught her doing it once, giggling to herself. Just to prove I have it under control, I'm not going to put a period at the end of this sentence.

edit: sorry...I just had to go back and fix it.

The only ones that bother me are the ones that show sloppy and careless work.

Yesterday while buying seeds for the garden I stopped trying to return all of the misplaced packets to their proper locations and just dropped them on the floor. That's progress, right?

Funny, I have always considered myself a bit OCD, but none of these really got to me. Assuming of course that the building errors were not in my house.

Then, again, when I was at the Dentist the other day I pulled the top off the toilet to stop it from running on. Hmmm.

Rick Potter

PS: John, that was good....made me laugh out loud.

PPS: I'm with Jack on #2.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 06-04-2012 at 11:38 AM.

I am on the other side from most of you. My wife is a freak about things always being where "they're supposed to be" and the order of the universe (in the household) being exactly at spec.

The trouble is, I don't necessarily know where everything has been stored, and I also don't know what spec is, but regularly find out that whatever I did doesn't meet it. I'm pretty sure if spec were written on paper, it would be a book with a spine thickness of at least 14 or 16 inches - small type, too.

It causes a lot of friction.

Fairly often, I'll ask where something is, and receive a very direct response that describes where spec would have it in the house. If my wife is not home, I can't find anything.

However, downstairs where my shop is, things are an absolute mess, because that's my area. It's mentioned often. I can find things there. Not always, but with much greater success, even though the way things are on shelves is by no means pretty at all (if they are on shelves to begin with).

None of the pictures above bother me too much, though with the tile pictures, I'd figure that someone either was trying to get done by 4:30 on a friday, or that in the case of the two misplaced small tiles, someone with the authority to request such a thing did so just for fun. Rather than get bugged by those kinds of things, I usually puzzle over whether things were done out of laziness, or if someone did them on purpose to torque someone else's underwear.