Thread: Adria Tools Info?

Adria Tools Info?

Can anyone shed any light on the status of Adria Tools? So far, I have just one unanswered email. For me, personally, when contact is not easily made pre-sale, it makes me wary of parting with money.
    I realize I could probably call, but I'm actually looking for facts and opinion from actual experience. Anyone ordered from there lately?
    Last edited by Joe Bailey; 06-01-2012 at 5:29 PM. Reason: typo

My first question would be how long since you sent the email Joe? Even us toolmakers sometimes take days off and don't check our email. As recently as 5 years ago I didn't have a laptop and when I went away on vacation for a week no emails got looked at, let alone answered. I also for home security reasons would not put a notice on the website about being out of touch or why.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I bought my Primus 711 from them and the service was great. Of course that is only one experience, but they seemed ok to me.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Hi Dave - I sent it April 7th.
    Stew - thanks for that, but how long ago?

Emails get lost in cyberspace! Just earlier today (6/1), I received an email message from my daughter, that was sent 4/9!!!
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bailey View Post
    Stew - thanks for that, but how long ago?
    Well I ordered it on April 23, but I don't remember exactly when I received it. I do believe it was around a week later. Oh, and by the way, I absolutely LOVE the plane. In fact, since then, I have picked up a used 703 Jack, and a NIB 21-S Router Plane off eBay.

On a side note about ECE in general. I had a huge 101-s Jointer Plane that I'd had gotted back sometime in the early 80's. Well, I had not used it for many years so it just got tucked away until after I bought the 711. I then remembered about the big Jointer and dug around until I found it. At first I thought it was in decent shape still, but then I saw that somehow, that "waffled sole joint" was actually opening up. So I called the guy that is their US rep and told him about it. I thought that maybe something like that mnight be warranted for life. He asked me to package it up and send it to him. I did, and a few days later I called him back to see what he thought. He told me he had to contact Germany and that he'd let me know. Well, about 3 days later I got a brand new one in the mail. Needless to say, I was quite pleased, so I called him back to thank him. He informed me that the first clue was that my old one had a "made in West Germany" sticker (remember early 80's, before the wall fell). Back then they used a hide glue formulation that was susceptible to moisture while their new modern glues are not. Thinking back, it did spend several years in a old unheated storage building and I'd put money on that was when it happened. I've since used my new Jointer several times and really enjoy the way it feels and the job it does.

Anyway... That's a long way around to tell you how much I enjoy all of their planes and the type os service that ECE, and in my experience Adria, have given to me.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Bought one of their large tenon saws about 5 months ago, Eddie sent me an E-Mail and informed me that it will take about two weeks before he can ship it. Two weeks later the saw arrived and I am happy with the saw. No complaints.