Thread: Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day

I'd like to take this time to thank all the veterans for their service
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Thanks John -- being a vet

But you are a little early --In 2012, Veterans Day falls on a Sunday, so Monday, the 12th of November is considered a federal holiday.
    921 miles South from that famous person Steve Schlumpf

I stand corrected. I meant Memorial Day.

Still want to thank the vets if that's OK.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Thanks for the sentiment John!

Tomorrow I will remember and honor those of my brothers and sisters who gave all.

I will especially think of those 58,000+ of my generation who didn't make it back home alive.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 05-28-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Yeah, today is the day reserved for those who didn't make it...but every day is a good day to thank a Veteran!
    Mick

I agree with mickey, every odd day should be Veterans day, every even day should be Mother Day

Thank you John. This morning as I do every Memorial Day I will go to our town's Veteran's Memorial for the service. I will wear my old dog tags in honor of those friends I lost back in '68 and '69 while serving our country in one of America's most unpopular wars. Like most Marines, I believe that as long as I honor and remember them, they will never be truly dead but will live forever. I will never forget and will honor them until I join them.

Dave Anderson NH
    Cpl USMC
    B Co. 1st Bn 7th Marines 1968
    1st CAG 1969
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    Thank you John. This morning as I do every Memorial Day I will go to our town's Veteran's Memorial for the service. I will wear my old dog tags in honor of those friends I lost back in '68 and '69 while serving our country in one of America's most unpopular wars. Like most Marines, I believe that as long as I honor and remember them, they will never be truly dead but will live forever. I will never forget and will honor them until I join them.

Dave Anderson NH
    Cpl USMC
    B Co. 1st Bn 7th Marines 1968
    1st CAG 1969
    How can any person or group of people stand up to a solder and tell him to stop being a solder, HE DESERVE THE SAME RESPECT THAT WE WILL GIVE TO A KING , when they spit on the returning solders , WAS THEY TAKING THE SIDE OR THE ENEMIES