Thread: Unisaw

Unisaw

I have decided to build an outfeed table for my Unisaw. I remember seeing a plan for a folding one in a back issue of Fine Woodworking a few years ago. It would probably take the rest of the long weekend for me to find that issue that I have in storage. Does any one here know which issue it is or have a way to search and find it? I would really like to get started on this durring the weekend if I can find plans.

Blog Entries
    I found this one in the Feb 2009 Woodworker's Journal: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ding&highlight=

If you read the thread, you will see that I simplified the support "knee" from the version in the mag. I now have a Shark Guard, so if I were doing it again the cutout would be missing. I sometimes wish I had added miter slots in the table when I use my sled, but the support leg is so fast to remove it is really no problem, and I like the clean look of the slot-less table. You ought to be able to do the table just from these pics, varying items as needed to fit your Uni.

And a big shout out to Wayne for his first post on the Creek! May there be many more. Welcome!!
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 05-25-2012 at 8:06 PM.

Try the online FWW index: http://www.finewoodworking.com/pages...ticleindex.asp

Also just a tip, when you make a title for a thread you will likely get more info with a more detailed title, many more and/or different people will look at a thread titled "Outfeed table for Unisaw" or Building and outfeed table for a table saw. You don't just want people that know the Uni to look since outfeed tables are generic. For your actual question something about serching for a FWW article etc might get you more help.

BTW welcome to the Creek!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks to both of you for responding. I did find the article that I was looking for in issue #163 of FWW.

Here is an outfeed table that I built for my Unisaw several years ago.