Thread: Walnut coffee table - Finished

Thumbs up Walnut coffee table - Finished

For anyone who missed my in progress thread, it's here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ly-started-WIP

The table is finally done. It's about 23 by 44, and I have to say it turned out better than I ever could have hoped. Thanks to the guys on the Finishing board who pointed me to Waterlox as the finish.

finished6.jpegfinished5.jpegfinished4.jpegfinished3.jpegfinished2.jpegfinished1.jpeg

My wife is a little afraid to actually start using it because it's "too pretty to put anything on".

Although I don't recommend doing what I did, I asked people to put their dirty shoes up on my Waterlox finished walnut coffee table, along with hot coffee mugs, plates, etc. Note: it was cured for over a month before this test. I wanted to know if I could use Waterlox on a dining table in the future. Nothing has scratched or damaged it in any way. It's really good stuff.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Very nice table Bill!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Very elegant. I love the tapered legs!

That turned out really nice. You did a good job matching the grain on the top and aprons and the finish looks very nice. Job well done!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It was a real learning experience and a lot of work, but the results were worth the effort.