Thread: Newly designed "fly tying station".

Newly designed "fly tying station".

A lot of you were so kind with your comments about my "fishing stuff" I thought I'd give you a peek at this. This is a fly tying station I made for a guy out in California someplace. Only met him through a Fly Fishing web site. He wanted some sort of "book rack". This is what we came up with. He also wanted it in UNFINISHED maple. He is going to burn a design into the base and finish it himself. BTW, the "book rack" is removable for storage. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Royce...I like your design. I want to design and make a "portable" fly tying station that would allow me to take it with me and tie flies "on site".
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I like the design, Royce. Just the thing to put on your desk to keep the cement and paint off it! Nice work.
    Bryan in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Look alive! Here comes a buzzard! -- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five. -- Groucho Marx.

That's a good design, Royce. That way the fly design is right at eye level. Good work.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Nice work Royce. You do some cool stuff!

Corey

Don't think I have ever seen one with a book shelf, just the thing to keep the pattern in front of you . He will be pleased.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Thanks (and credit due)!

Thanks for the kind words. The new owner of this creation seems pleased. I do have to give credit where credit is due, however. The desk portion of this station is similar to others I have made. However, the "book rack" portion is really the client's design. He provided me with a rough sketch and I took it from there.

Looks good, Royce,

Have you found an outlet for your Rod Cases yet? I am serious when I mention to check with Orvis about marketing these items. They cater to people that would pay what they are truly worth. You may not get a real high volume, but you will get a proper return on investment.

(I have no afiliation to Orvis at all, just live near enough to Manchester Center VT to go to their main store very often and drool!)

Great work, thanks for sharing.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Aebi
    Looks good, Royce,

Have you found an outlet for your Rod Cases yet? I am serious when I mention to check with Orvis about marketing these items. They cater to people that would pay what they are truly worth. You may not get a real high volume, but you will get a proper return on investment.

(I have no afiliation to Orvis at all, just live near enough to Manchester Center VT to go to their main store very often and drool!)

Great work, thanks for sharing.
    Have not really worked on an outlet for any of my items yet. Trying to get a few sapmles of all of my things ready. (My day job keeps getting in the way!)

I will be attending a Fly Fishing expo this weekend. Hope to show a few of my things to some folks there.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Did it again Royce. Looking great.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Would that fly fishing expo be in Minneapolis? If so, I might see you this evening or Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Wilson
    Would that fly fishing expo be in Minneapolis? If so, I might see you this evening or Sunday
    That fly fishing expo would be in Minneapolis. I'll be there all day Sat. and Sun. You shouldn't have any trouble finding me. I'll be the one with the front of his shirt all soaked with drool!