Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hurricane Laser

Blog Entries
    Oh, God, you guys are missing the best stuff in there...
    The laser beam on all glass tubes is naturally round as a product of the round tube the gases are held in. RF tubes are square or rectangular and with help from special optics, produces an oval beam.
    A round beam because the rube is round... but a square beam because the tube is square I'm going to start making square water hoses for grins and giggles.

Glass Tubes are excellent for cutting because they have a continuous beam instead of a beam that pulses on and off. You can cut Acrylic without having to flame polish the edges.
    Yep, us RF-tube guys really hate our horrible acrylic cutting jobs... it just looks so ugly afterwards Thank heavens there are DC-tube users out there to bail us out else we'd be suffering.

When engraving, RF tubes do have an advantage over Glass Tubes because of the pulse technology and the shadings of photographs. This advantage is short lived, however, because the photo softwares out there can convert an image to a bitmap that optimizes the photo for engraving and turns it into a series of dots that make the laser turn on and off when engraving the photograph.
    We must create such horrible engravings with our RF tubes because of those square dots we're forced to make instead of the DC's smoother round dots...

I could go on and on...

But why would you buy an expensive piece of equipment from a vendor who is obviously completely clueless about their own product? It almost has the feel of an April Fool's joke... almost.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Other than an SLC from GSI I've never seen any glass tube match an RF for acrylic edge quality Dan

The engraving is like comparing true greyscale with news print!

I love my Chinese machines but I have no illusions about what they suited to and why, what they do serves my purpose but in no way are they superior to a Western made machine other than in bang per buck (for my applications).

heheheh I recall one "laser vendor" telling a customer the RF tubes they supply were filled with RF gas! needless to say they didn't make the machine sale

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

laser depot usa

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    A $2M lawsuit... I would be very concerned about the viability of the business. Also, searching on the owner also turns up several lawsuits in the past for "misappropriating" funds from charities and such.
    The owner seems to be making another run: Hurricane Lasers --> World Lasers --> VIP Lasers --> Laser-Depot-USA

Now PClasers.com
    Last edited by Ron Philman; 08-15-2019 at 9:54 PM.