Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical problem with G0514X2 Grizly 19" bandsaw?

That's how I read it too. Hey Shiraz, stop goofing off on these forums and get back to work on that drill press

Seriously, I had to read it two or three times until I understood is correctly too.

Well, got the part from Grizzly, installed it, and bingo, the same problem still exists. Still only runs for 2 seconds and then switches off. Back on the phone to Grizzly later today. I have checked and double checked all connections and pretty much have followed all the suggestions everyone has given. Very frustrating. Now I think all the switches are good and something else is the problem. It must be in the motor itself or internally in the start/stop/key buttons. Need to resaw some oak and don't have anything else to use. I hate being dead in the water...

OK. Saw apparently fixed. The problem was with the load, but not an electrical load problem. The only thing I can surmise is that during the move, something heavy was place on the motor housing. After 500 miles the belt tension was affected. It was so tight that the starter switch tripped due to the increased mechanical load. Took the belt off and the motor ran beautifully. Replaced the belt with proper tension, and the saw was fixed. (This should be in the troubleshooting guide.) Grizzly is making it right and I'll be returning the switch for a refund. Guess I should have checked this first, but it did work for a while at the new location. Thanks again to everyone for helping.

Glad you got it running! Honestly, I don't think I would have hit on that in a million years, I would have figured it out just as you did pulling the belt to isolate the motor in troubleshooting. Checking belt tension probably is in the trouble shooting guide but more likely in the area where the symptom would be low tension, it is a truely odd case where the tension would increase to the point of causing a serious problem but the user hadn't touched the tension.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.